THERE is still time to submit nominations for special awards that aim to recognise the contribution shown by individuals, groups and businesses to the service of the local community.
The closing date to nominate those who you think should be honoured is Saturday, November 11, 2023.
The Wells Civic Awards are being organised by Wells City Council in partnership with Wells Voice.
There are nine categories, and the winners will be announced at a gala ceremony at the Town Hall on Friday, January 12, when they will each receive an awards memento.
The categories are:
• Citizen of the Year: A person who has made an important contribution through their work in the community.
• Volunteer of the Year: Someone who has given their time voluntarily for the benefit of the community.
• Community Organisation of the Year: A voluntary organisation delivering a service to the community.
• Business of the Year: A business which has supported or worked with the community.
• Senior Sportsperson of the Year: Someone aged 18 or over who has had an impact in the world of sport.
• Junior Sportsperson of the Year: Someone aged under 18 who has had an impact in the world of sport.
• Young Person of the Year: Someone aged under 18 who has given their time to support the community.
• Environmental Champion: An individual/business/organisation that has demonstrated a proactive approach to environmental issues.
• Extra Mile Award: Someone who has gone above and beyond in providing a service to the community.
Nominations can be made by completing the form on the left, cutting it out and dropping it into the box at the reception desk at Wells Town Hall.
Forms can also be submitted online via: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WellsAwards2023
• Picture: Derek Cooper with the Citizen of the Year Award he received the last time the awards were run in 2021